Chilean fan pedals 4,000 km to Brazil for World Cup
Rio de Janeiro: A Chilean fan embarked on a 4,000-km journey on his bicycle from Chile to Brazil to attend his country`s games in the 2014 football World Cup.
Cristian Guerra preferred to bicycle his way to Brazil in a journey over four and a half months which cost him $3000, reports EFE.
The journey began January 10 from the Chilean capital Santiago, across Chile. He then crossed Bolivian soil before entering Brazil, all the way to the city of Cuiabá to watch Chile`s game against Australia.
Guerra said the best thing he achieved from the journey was hearing his country`s national anthem being played in the stadium. Guerra arrived at Cuiabá May 21 in high spirits and five kg less in weight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP