Chilean fan pedals 4,000 km to Brazil for World Cup
Rio de Janeiro: A Chilean fan embarked on a 4,000-km journey on his bicycle from Chile to Brazil to attend his country`s games in the 2014 football World Cup.
Cristian Guerra preferred to bicycle his way to Brazil in a journey over four and a half months which cost him $3000, reports EFE.
The journey began January 10 from the Chilean capital Santiago, across Chile. He then crossed Bolivian soil before entering Brazil, all the way to the city of Cuiabá to watch Chile`s game against Australia.
Guerra said the best thing he achieved from the journey was hearing his country`s national anthem being played in the stadium. Guerra arrived at Cuiabá May 21 in high spirits and five kg less in weight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him