Coach Sabella hopes Di Maria gets fit for semis
Brasilia: Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella said here Saturday that he hoped Angel Di Maria would be fit to play in Wednesday`s semi-final.
During Argentina`s 1-0 win over Belgium in the World Cup quarter-final, Di Maria suffered a thigh injury and had to be substituted in the 33rd minute, reports Xinhua.
"The Real Madrid midfielder will undergo tests Sunday," said Sabella.
"We lost one player and hope it won`t be too much in the case of Angel."
"He is vital to us, but the players played an excellent match from a tactical and strategic point of view: the idea of giving and not receiving in order to create a virtuous circle. We want more, but we lived up to the objective, which was to be a part of the final four of the best teams in the world," he said.
Gonzalo Higuain, who scored the winner in today`s match and became the Man-of-the-Match, also spoke highly of Di Maria.
"He`s part of the starting eleven and is very helpful," Higuain said.
"I`m really sorry that he left, but we will join forces and hope he will be ready as soon as possible. We know what he represents for the team."
A delighted Sabella said: "After 24 years, we can be among the four best teams in the world. So as you can tell, this is a huge, but moderate joy. We have to reserve our energy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar