Cristiano Ronaldo tops list of World Cup highest paid players
Rio de Janeiro: Real Madrid’s Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo tops Forbes magazine`s list of highest paid footballers in the FIFA World Cup.
Ronaldo, who is paid $80 million a year, came ahead of Barcelona’s Argentine striker Lionel Messi, who earns $64.7 million, reports EFE.
List of top-10 highest-paid players now participating in World Cup:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) (Real Madrid) $80 million
2. Lionel Messi (Argentina) (Barcelona) $64.7 million
3. Neymar (Brazil) (Barcelona) $33.6 million
4. Wayne Rooney (England) (Manchester United) $23.4 million
5. Sergio Aguero (Argentina) (Manchester City) $23.3 million
6. Yaya Toure (Cote d`Ivoire) (Manchester City) $21.7 million
7. Fernando Torres (Spain) (Chelsea) $21.3 million
8. Robin van Persie (Netherlands) (Manchester United) $19.5 million
9. Steven Gerrard (England) (Liverpool) $18.7 million
10. Mesut Ozil (Germany) (Arsenal) $18.5 million
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users