Croatia players impose media nude blackout
Zagreb: Croatia`s World Cup squad have launched a World Cup media boycott in protest at the publication of photos of players swimming naked at their Praia do Forte base.
The pictures notably featured international defenders Vedran Corluka and Dejan Lovren swimming naked in their hotel pool.
"This is not only in Croatia, it is spreading throughout the world," said coach Nico Kovac after the photos appeared on several Croatian online news sites.
"It`s easy for me to talk but I`m not part of this story. I respect their opinion. What can I do? I cannot pull them by the ears and say "let`s go talk to media".
Croatia lost their opening World Cup match 3-1 to hosts Brazil in Sao Paulo on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened