Eto'o brands Mourinho as `puppet` after Chelsea boss' `age` comments about player
Johannesburg: Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o has reportedly taken another dig at boss Jose Mourinho, calling him a `puppet` after his `fool` tag for the Portuguese manager last week.
Eto`s insults are in response to Mourinho`s comments last March, when he claimed that the 33-year-old Cameroonian might be older than he claimed.
According to Sport24, the record four-time African Footballer of the Year Eto`o, who will captain Cameroon at the World Cup in Brazil during June, said that contrary to what a `puppet` says about his age, he is still physically fit at his age as he has proven that he can do better than youths.
Stating that he will continue playing at the top level- the Champions League, Eto`o also said that his `romance` with the competition is far from over, adding that he still can play in two more World Cups as other players had continued before him till the age of 41.
Eto`o initially took the comment in his stride, mimicking an old man by limping to a corner flag after scoring in a 4-0 rout of Tottenham Hotspur, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest