Eto'o brands Mourinho as `puppet` after Chelsea boss' `age` comments about player
Johannesburg: Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o has reportedly taken another dig at boss Jose Mourinho, calling him a `puppet` after his `fool` tag for the Portuguese manager last week.
Eto`s insults are in response to Mourinho`s comments last March, when he claimed that the 33-year-old Cameroonian might be older than he claimed.
According to Sport24, the record four-time African Footballer of the Year Eto`o, who will captain Cameroon at the World Cup in Brazil during June, said that contrary to what a `puppet` says about his age, he is still physically fit at his age as he has proven that he can do better than youths.
Stating that he will continue playing at the top level- the Champions League, Eto`o also said that his `romance` with the competition is far from over, adding that he still can play in two more World Cups as other players had continued before him till the age of 41.
Eto`o initially took the comment in his stride, mimicking an old man by limping to a corner flag after scoring in a 4-0 rout of Tottenham Hotspur, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?