FIFA confirms Suarez can train during four-month football ban
London: FIFA has confirmed that the Liverpool striker Luis Suarez would be allowed to train during his four-month ban from all football related activity.
The football governing body declared that Suarez can undergo a medical ahead of a potential transfer, as Barcelona are closing in on a 75 million-pound deal for the Uruguayan striker after negotiations with Liverpool.
According to The Mirror, previously it had been thought that FIFA meant Suarez would not be allowed to train when he returns to his Premier League side.
But, now FIFA appeared to have cleared Suarez, who was banned after his third bite on an opponent in four years, to take part in pre-season training, whether the striker is at Liverpool or at Barca.
The head of FIFA`s disciplinary committee Claudio Sulser said that one cannot limit those rights to the player, because it would be disproportionate.
Uruguay have also launched an appeal against the ban, which rules the Suarez out of their next eight fixtures thus effectively ruling the striker out of next year`s Copa America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India