FIFA confirms Suarez can train during four-month football ban
London: FIFA has confirmed that the Liverpool striker Luis Suarez would be allowed to train during his four-month ban from all football related activity.
The football governing body declared that Suarez can undergo a medical ahead of a potential transfer, as Barcelona are closing in on a 75 million-pound deal for the Uruguayan striker after negotiations with Liverpool.
According to The Mirror, previously it had been thought that FIFA meant Suarez would not be allowed to train when he returns to his Premier League side.
But, now FIFA appeared to have cleared Suarez, who was banned after his third bite on an opponent in four years, to take part in pre-season training, whether the striker is at Liverpool or at Barca.
The head of FIFA`s disciplinary committee Claudio Sulser said that one cannot limit those rights to the player, because it would be disproportionate.
Uruguay have also launched an appeal against the ban, which rules the Suarez out of their next eight fixtures thus effectively ruling the striker out of next year`s Copa America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!