FIFA confirms Suarez can train during four-month football ban
London: FIFA has confirmed that the Liverpool striker Luis Suarez would be allowed to train during his four-month ban from all football related activity.
The football governing body declared that Suarez can undergo a medical ahead of a potential transfer, as Barcelona are closing in on a 75 million-pound deal for the Uruguayan striker after negotiations with Liverpool.
According to The Mirror, previously it had been thought that FIFA meant Suarez would not be allowed to train when he returns to his Premier League side.
But, now FIFA appeared to have cleared Suarez, who was banned after his third bite on an opponent in four years, to take part in pre-season training, whether the striker is at Liverpool or at Barca.
The head of FIFA`s disciplinary committee Claudio Sulser said that one cannot limit those rights to the player, because it would be disproportionate.
Uruguay have also launched an appeal against the ban, which rules the Suarez out of their next eight fixtures thus effectively ruling the striker out of next year`s Copa America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand