FIFA`s coaching advisers to propose fourth sub in extra time before 2018 WC
Johannesburg: FIFA`s coaching advisers would reportedly propose that teams can use a fourth substitute in extra time before the 2018 World Cup starts.
Gerard Houllier, who is a member of the FIFA technical study group, said that he thinks that introducing a fourth substitute is an idea that they would put to football`s rules-making panel.
According to Sport24, currently up to three replacements are allowed, even when knockout matches go to 30 extra minutes after scores are level in regulation time.
Houllier said that changing the rules could see fewer players struggle with muscle problems in high-intensity matches, adding that it is a good idea but only in extra time.
The former France coach said that if someone is injured then why not allow the introduction of a fourth substitute .
So far, substitutes have scored 29 goals after coming off the bench in Brazil, already a World Cup record with eight matches left to play. FIFA said that the previous mark was 23 at the 2006 tournament in Germany.
Houllier said that substitutes play such an important part because they come with a freshness and attitude, adding that nearly a quarter of all the goals have been scored in the final 15 minutes of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog