FIFA to investigate Zuniga`s tackle on Neymar
Johannesburg: FIFA has said that it is investigation the tackle on Brazilian football ace Neymar, which saw the striker ruled out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar fractured a vertebra in his spine during Brazil`s 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia after being kneed by Juan Zuniga on Friday.
According to Sport24, FIFA said that it is studying the footage of the aerial challenge from Zuniga that injured Neymar`s back.
FIFA Spokesperson Delia Fischer said that the governing body`s Disciplinary Committee is analysing all the elements provided, the videos and the match reports, and would decide whether or not to take action.
Zuniga was rapidly being cast as Brazil`s public enemy number one on Saturday but the defender insists that he had not sought to hurt Neymar in the tackle.
However, Zuniga`s protests failed to impress Brazilian legend Ronaldo, who accused the Colombian of a violent attack saying that he believed there was an intention to hurt by the player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says