FIFA to investigate Zuniga`s tackle on Neymar
Johannesburg: FIFA has said that it is investigation the tackle on Brazilian football ace Neymar, which saw the striker ruled out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar fractured a vertebra in his spine during Brazil`s 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia after being kneed by Juan Zuniga on Friday.
According to Sport24, FIFA said that it is studying the footage of the aerial challenge from Zuniga that injured Neymar`s back.
FIFA Spokesperson Delia Fischer said that the governing body`s Disciplinary Committee is analysing all the elements provided, the videos and the match reports, and would decide whether or not to take action.
Zuniga was rapidly being cast as Brazil`s public enemy number one on Saturday but the defender insists that he had not sought to hurt Neymar in the tackle.
However, Zuniga`s protests failed to impress Brazilian legend Ronaldo, who accused the Colombian of a violent attack saying that he believed there was an intention to hurt by the player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999