FIFA to investigate Zuniga`s tackle on Neymar
Johannesburg: FIFA has said that it is investigation the tackle on Brazilian football ace Neymar, which saw the striker ruled out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar fractured a vertebra in his spine during Brazil`s 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia after being kneed by Juan Zuniga on Friday.
According to Sport24, FIFA said that it is studying the footage of the aerial challenge from Zuniga that injured Neymar`s back.
FIFA Spokesperson Delia Fischer said that the governing body`s Disciplinary Committee is analysing all the elements provided, the videos and the match reports, and would decide whether or not to take action.
Zuniga was rapidly being cast as Brazil`s public enemy number one on Saturday but the defender insists that he had not sought to hurt Neymar in the tackle.
However, Zuniga`s protests failed to impress Brazilian legend Ronaldo, who accused the Colombian of a violent attack saying that he believed there was an intention to hurt by the player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds