FIFA WC 2014: Vincent Kompany misses Belgium training
Belgium`s World Cup captain Vincent Kompany missed team training Thursday with a slight groin strain, coach Marc Wilmots said.
Belgium play Russia in their second Group H match on Sunday, but Wilmots did not indicate whether the Manchester City defender was a doubt.
"No Vincent Kompany in training today, slight groin strain," Wilmots said on his Twitter account. "He is working individually today with the medical staff!"
Playmaker Eden Hazard missed training on Wednesday, but was back in action with the squad on Thursday. Belgium beat Algeria 2-1 in their first match to lead the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city