FIFA WC 2014: Vincent Kompany misses Belgium training
Belgium`s World Cup captain Vincent Kompany missed team training Thursday with a slight groin strain, coach Marc Wilmots said.
Belgium play Russia in their second Group H match on Sunday, but Wilmots did not indicate whether the Manchester City defender was a doubt.
"No Vincent Kompany in training today, slight groin strain," Wilmots said on his Twitter account. "He is working individually today with the medical staff!"
Playmaker Eden Hazard missed training on Wednesday, but was back in action with the squad on Thursday. Belgium beat Algeria 2-1 in their first match to lead the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought