FIFA WC 2014: Vincent Kompany misses Belgium training
Belgium`s World Cup captain Vincent Kompany missed team training Thursday with a slight groin strain, coach Marc Wilmots said.
Belgium play Russia in their second Group H match on Sunday, but Wilmots did not indicate whether the Manchester City defender was a doubt.
"No Vincent Kompany in training today, slight groin strain," Wilmots said on his Twitter account. "He is working individually today with the medical staff!"
Playmaker Eden Hazard missed training on Wednesday, but was back in action with the squad on Thursday. Belgium beat Algeria 2-1 in their first match to lead the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai