German coach Joachim Loew cuts four players
Joachim Loew cut four players from the provisional World Cup squad ahead of the training camp, the German Football Association (GFA) announced.
The four players, Schalke`s duo May Meyer and Leon Goretzka, Hamburg`s Marcell Jansen and Augsburg`s Andre Hahn, will not travel to the training camp in South Tyrol May 21, Xinhua cited from a statement by the GFA Wednesday.
Loew also said Monchengladbach`s Christoph Kramer has replaced Hahn. "This had nothing to do with Andre Hahn`s performance. We were pleased with the way he presented himself," Loew said.
"But we have some players in the midfield who were recently injured or have returned from long injury breaks. We, therefore, intend to take another option into the training camp to be prepared for any event," he said.
"Christoph Kramer has left an excellent impression during the training sessions and matches," Loew added.
Loew reasoned the cuttings of the young Goretzka and Meyer: "Especially players like Leon Goretzka and Max Meyer belong to the future. They are still young, they still have many opportunities to play big tournaments."
The omission of Hamburg`s Marcell Jansen has different reasons as the full back suffered an ankle injury at a friendly against Chile. "He has not had enough play time to find his rhythm."
After the 10-day preparation in South Tyrol the " Nationalmannschaft" will encounter Cameroon and Armenia for international friendlies before they leave Frankfurt for Brazil June 7. Five days ahead of the departure, Loew has to submit his final 23-men World Cup squad to the FIFA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur