Last World Cup `destroyed` me, says Patrice Evra
Sao Paulo: France captain Patrice Evra said that the current `Les Bleus` side in the FIFA World Cup is “scary” and that the 2010 World Cup “destroyed” him.
“The 2010 World Cup destroyed me. I hate to be popular or appear in the media. I`ve never had a problem with the French fans. They were always positive with me but the press transmitted a wrong picture of me, being the bad boy. Personally, what matters to me is what my teammates think of me,” Evra said, reports EFE.
France’s 2010 World Cup was stricken when the players refused to train after a fight between Nicolas Anelka and then-coach Raymond Domenech.
“This group is scary because everything goes well,” the Manchester United player added.
France won their first match 3-0 against Honduras and will face Switzerland Friday in Group E.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues