Losses bitter pill to swallow: Iniesta
Rio de Janeiro: Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta was annoyed after his team’s second consecutive loss that got them eliminated from the FIFA World Cup.
Title holders Spain suffered a 1-5 thrashing by Netherlands in the opening game of Group B and got eliminated in their second match by Chile, who defeated them 2-0 Wednesday, reports EFE.
The FC Barcelona player described his side`s early exit from the tournament as a "very severe blow" that they did not expect.
“We were not able to rise to the situation. We have been at the top and now we are at the bottom,” the 30-year-old said.
Iniesta added that suffering two consecutive losses is a “bitter pill to swallow”, noting that it is a cruel situation for them and the fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!