Losses bitter pill to swallow: Iniesta
Rio de Janeiro: Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta was annoyed after his team’s second consecutive loss that got them eliminated from the FIFA World Cup.
Title holders Spain suffered a 1-5 thrashing by Netherlands in the opening game of Group B and got eliminated in their second match by Chile, who defeated them 2-0 Wednesday, reports EFE.
The FC Barcelona player described his side`s early exit from the tournament as a "very severe blow" that they did not expect.
“We were not able to rise to the situation. We have been at the top and now we are at the bottom,” the 30-year-old said.
Iniesta added that suffering two consecutive losses is a “bitter pill to swallow”, noting that it is a cruel situation for them and the fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender