Mascherano extends Barca contract until 2018
Madrid: Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano has extended his contract with Barcelona by two years until June 2018, with the option of a further season, the club announced Saturday.
Barca stressed that there was a buyout clause of 100 million euros in the contract of the 29-year-old.
Mascherano arrived at Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and he has played 184 matches for the Spanish giants.
He has won the Champions League (2011), two La Liga titles (2011, 2013), a King`s Cup (2012), a European SuperCup (2011), two Spanish SuperCups (2012, 2014) and a World Club cup (2011) with Barcelona.
Mascherano is currently with Argentina preparing for the June 12-July 13 World Cup finals. The South Americans are in Group F with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened