Mascherano extends Barca contract until 2018
Madrid: Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano has extended his contract with Barcelona by two years until June 2018, with the option of a further season, the club announced Saturday.
Barca stressed that there was a buyout clause of 100 million euros in the contract of the 29-year-old.
Mascherano arrived at Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and he has played 184 matches for the Spanish giants.
He has won the Champions League (2011), two La Liga titles (2011, 2013), a King`s Cup (2012), a European SuperCup (2011), two Spanish SuperCups (2012, 2014) and a World Club cup (2011) with Barcelona.
Mascherano is currently with Argentina preparing for the June 12-July 13 World Cup finals. The South Americans are in Group F with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore