Mascherano extends Barca contract until 2018
Madrid: Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano has extended his contract with Barcelona by two years until June 2018, with the option of a further season, the club announced Saturday.
Barca stressed that there was a buyout clause of 100 million euros in the contract of the 29-year-old.
Mascherano arrived at Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and he has played 184 matches for the Spanish giants.
He has won the Champions League (2011), two La Liga titles (2011, 2013), a King`s Cup (2012), a European SuperCup (2011), two Spanish SuperCups (2012, 2014) and a World Club cup (2011) with Barcelona.
Mascherano is currently with Argentina preparing for the June 12-July 13 World Cup finals. The South Americans are in Group F with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown