Mascherano extends Barca contract until 2018
Madrid: Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano has extended his contract with Barcelona by two years until June 2018, with the option of a further season, the club announced Saturday.
Barca stressed that there was a buyout clause of 100 million euros in the contract of the 29-year-old.
Mascherano arrived at Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 and he has played 184 matches for the Spanish giants.
He has won the Champions League (2011), two La Liga titles (2011, 2013), a King`s Cup (2012), a European SuperCup (2011), two Spanish SuperCups (2012, 2014) and a World Club cup (2011) with Barcelona.
Mascherano is currently with Argentina preparing for the June 12-July 13 World Cup finals. The South Americans are in Group F with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi