Ronaldo suffering from tendinosis, say Portugal
Brasilia: Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering from tendinosis in the region around his left kneecap, the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) said in a statement on Wednesday.
The FPF said that Real Madrid forward Ronaldo had undergone "specially adapted, individual" training on Monday but did not give any further details.
The World Player of the Year missed last Saturday`s 0-0 draw at home to Greece with what the FPF described as a left thigh injury.
Portugal are training near New York and face Mexico in a friendly in Boston on Friday.
Ronaldo struggled with minor injuries during the closing weeks of Real`s season before playing 120 minutes in last month`s Champions League final against Atletico Madrid and scoring the final goal in their 4-1 win with a penalty. Portugal`s opening World Cup match is against Germany in Salvador on June 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing