Ronaldo suffering from tendinosis, say Portugal
Brasilia: Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering from tendinosis in the region around his left kneecap, the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) said in a statement on Wednesday.
The FPF said that Real Madrid forward Ronaldo had undergone "specially adapted, individual" training on Monday but did not give any further details.
The World Player of the Year missed last Saturday`s 0-0 draw at home to Greece with what the FPF described as a left thigh injury.
Portugal are training near New York and face Mexico in a friendly in Boston on Friday.
Ronaldo struggled with minor injuries during the closing weeks of Real`s season before playing 120 minutes in last month`s Champions League final against Atletico Madrid and scoring the final goal in their 4-1 win with a penalty. Portugal`s opening World Cup match is against Germany in Salvador on June 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi