Spain`s Ramos asks fans for forgiveness
Rio de Janeiro: Spain defender Sergio Ramos asked the Spanish fans for forgiveness following his side’s elimination from the FIFA World Cup after the defending champions lost 0-2 to Chile in a Group B match at the Maracana Stadium here Wednesday.
“We apologise to all the Spaniards who in these times of crisis take refuge in the successes of La Roja and are now sad and disappointed. Football sometimes is a game that doesn’t give you what you want,” said the Real Madrid player, reports EFE.
The 28-year-old said that it is not the end of an era, noting that he trusts every player in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year
- J&K govt orders probe into Humhama land grabbing issue