Spain`s Ramos asks fans for forgiveness
Rio de Janeiro: Spain defender Sergio Ramos asked the Spanish fans for forgiveness following his side’s elimination from the FIFA World Cup after the defending champions lost 0-2 to Chile in a Group B match at the Maracana Stadium here Wednesday.
“We apologise to all the Spaniards who in these times of crisis take refuge in the successes of La Roja and are now sad and disappointed. Football sometimes is a game that doesn’t give you what you want,” said the Real Madrid player, reports EFE.
The 28-year-old said that it is not the end of an era, noting that he trusts every player in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi