Spain`s Ramos asks fans for forgiveness
Rio de Janeiro: Spain defender Sergio Ramos asked the Spanish fans for forgiveness following his side’s elimination from the FIFA World Cup after the defending champions lost 0-2 to Chile in a Group B match at the Maracana Stadium here Wednesday.
“We apologise to all the Spaniards who in these times of crisis take refuge in the successes of La Roja and are now sad and disappointed. Football sometimes is a game that doesn’t give you what you want,” said the Real Madrid player, reports EFE.
The 28-year-old said that it is not the end of an era, noting that he trusts every player in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery