Spain`s Ramos asks fans for forgiveness
Rio de Janeiro: Spain defender Sergio Ramos asked the Spanish fans for forgiveness following his side’s elimination from the FIFA World Cup after the defending champions lost 0-2 to Chile in a Group B match at the Maracana Stadium here Wednesday.
“We apologise to all the Spaniards who in these times of crisis take refuge in the successes of La Roja and are now sad and disappointed. Football sometimes is a game that doesn’t give you what you want,” said the Real Madrid player, reports EFE.
The 28-year-old said that it is not the end of an era, noting that he trusts every player in the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble