Spanish athletes support football team despite defeat
Madrid: Many Spanish athletes tweeted supportive messages for their football team which was eliminated from the FIFA World Cup following a 0-2 defeat against Chile Wednesday.
Real Madrid’s right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was not called up to join the national team, tweeted: “I feel sorry for them. Perhaps this is the worst way to leave the World Cup but this is sport and sometimes these things happen.”
Spanish youngster Jesé Rodríguez tweeted, “You are the best. No matter what happens, always with Spain” and attached a picture of the national team celebrating a previous win.
Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, who also wasn`t called up to join the team, tweeted: “I am very sad for my team and my teammates. Sure this is the feeling of all Spaniards. I encourage you to think ahead!”
Formula 1 and Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said that it is time to give up the crown after six years. He thanked the team for this generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling