Spanish athletes support football team despite defeat
Madrid: Many Spanish athletes tweeted supportive messages for their football team which was eliminated from the FIFA World Cup following a 0-2 defeat against Chile Wednesday.
Real Madrid’s right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was not called up to join the national team, tweeted: “I feel sorry for them. Perhaps this is the worst way to leave the World Cup but this is sport and sometimes these things happen.”
Spanish youngster Jesé Rodríguez tweeted, “You are the best. No matter what happens, always with Spain” and attached a picture of the national team celebrating a previous win.
Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, who also wasn`t called up to join the team, tweeted: “I am very sad for my team and my teammates. Sure this is the feeling of all Spaniards. I encourage you to think ahead!”
Formula 1 and Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said that it is time to give up the crown after six years. He thanked the team for this generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic