Spanish athletes support football team despite defeat
Madrid: Many Spanish athletes tweeted supportive messages for their football team which was eliminated from the FIFA World Cup following a 0-2 defeat against Chile Wednesday.
Real Madrid’s right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was not called up to join the national team, tweeted: “I feel sorry for them. Perhaps this is the worst way to leave the World Cup but this is sport and sometimes these things happen.”
Spanish youngster Jesé Rodríguez tweeted, “You are the best. No matter what happens, always with Spain” and attached a picture of the national team celebrating a previous win.
Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, who also wasn`t called up to join the team, tweeted: “I am very sad for my team and my teammates. Sure this is the feeling of all Spaniards. I encourage you to think ahead!”
Formula 1 and Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said that it is time to give up the crown after six years. He thanked the team for this generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured