Spanish athletes support football team despite defeat
Madrid: Many Spanish athletes tweeted supportive messages for their football team which was eliminated from the FIFA World Cup following a 0-2 defeat against Chile Wednesday.
Real Madrid’s right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was not called up to join the national team, tweeted: “I feel sorry for them. Perhaps this is the worst way to leave the World Cup but this is sport and sometimes these things happen.”
Spanish youngster Jesé Rodríguez tweeted, “You are the best. No matter what happens, always with Spain” and attached a picture of the national team celebrating a previous win.
Juventus striker Fernando Llorente, who also wasn`t called up to join the team, tweeted: “I am very sad for my team and my teammates. Sure this is the feeling of all Spaniards. I encourage you to think ahead!”
Formula 1 and Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said that it is time to give up the crown after six years. He thanked the team for this generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack