Stoppage-time save against France no big deal: Neuer
Rio De Janeiro: Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer said his one-handed save to keep out Karim Benzema`s shot deep into stoppage time was no big deal after his team beat France 1-0 in the World Cup quarter-finals on Friday.
“That was just an automatic reaction," Neuer told reporters.
"The defence did a good job and stood compactly. I just had to keep the near corner closed off. If it would have gone in it would have been a goalkeeper`s mistake."
Neuer made several other key saves during the match to keep Germany ahead after Mats Hummels scored in the 12th minute.
"It`s a great feeling," Neuer said. "The important thing is we played as a team. We tried to play good football against Algeria and didn`t always succeed. We played good football and we showed today we know how to do that."
Germany had faced heavy criticism back home for struggling to a 2-1 win over Algeria in the last 16.
"We’re another round further and we’re looking forward to the next opponent," Neuer said, referring to the semi-final against Brazil or Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray