Suarez trains with Uruguay squad
Rio de Janeiro: Luis Suarez moved a step closer to proving his fitness for the FIFA World Cup by training with the Uruguay squad.
The Liverpool striker underwent keyhole surgery May 22 to repair meniscus damage in his left knee.
Despite a normal recovery time of a month for the procedure, the 27-year-old could return for Uruguay`s World Cup opener against Costa Rica on June 14, barely three weeks after the operation.
During the team`s open-training session at the Jacare Arena on Tuesday, Suarez looked uninhibited as he turned on his left leg and took shots at goal, Xinhua reports.
Uruguay`s clash with Costa Rica will be followed by matches against England June 19 and Italy five days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez