Suarez trains with Uruguay squad
Rio de Janeiro: Luis Suarez moved a step closer to proving his fitness for the FIFA World Cup by training with the Uruguay squad.
The Liverpool striker underwent keyhole surgery May 22 to repair meniscus damage in his left knee.
Despite a normal recovery time of a month for the procedure, the 27-year-old could return for Uruguay`s World Cup opener against Costa Rica on June 14, barely three weeks after the operation.
During the team`s open-training session at the Jacare Arena on Tuesday, Suarez looked uninhibited as he turned on his left leg and took shots at goal, Xinhua reports.
Uruguay`s clash with Costa Rica will be followed by matches against England June 19 and Italy five days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!