Suarez trains with Uruguay squad
Rio de Janeiro: Luis Suarez moved a step closer to proving his fitness for the FIFA World Cup by training with the Uruguay squad.
The Liverpool striker underwent keyhole surgery May 22 to repair meniscus damage in his left knee.
Despite a normal recovery time of a month for the procedure, the 27-year-old could return for Uruguay`s World Cup opener against Costa Rica on June 14, barely three weeks after the operation.
During the team`s open-training session at the Jacare Arena on Tuesday, Suarez looked uninhibited as he turned on his left leg and took shots at goal, Xinhua reports.
Uruguay`s clash with Costa Rica will be followed by matches against England June 19 and Italy five days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days