Uruguay captain Lugano to miss England game
Sao Paulo: Uruguay captain Diego Lugano will miss his team’s decisive FIFA World Cup Group D game against England Thursday.
Uruguayan Football Association (AUF) information department head Matias Faral said Lugano is suffering from an injury in his left knee. His pain escalated in the past few days and physical therapy did not help him, reports EFE.
According to medics, the injury will not need surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued