Uruguay lodge appeal against Suarez`s four-month football ban
London: A top FIFA official has revealed that Uruguay have lodged an appeal against the four month football ban imposed on their star striker Luis Suarez for his World Cup bite.
The Uruguay Football Association lodged an appeal on Thursday as the coming Sunday was to be the last day to make an appeal against the sanctions ordered after Suarez bit Giorgio Chiellini`s shoulder during Uruguay`s 1-0 win over Italy.
According to the BBC, head of FIFA`s disciplinary commission Claudio Sulser confirmed that the appeal had been made but insisted he could make no other comment.
Suarez was banned for four months from all football activity, suspended for nine internationals and fined 83,000 euros for his third offence of biting an opposition player.
Suarez has since made a public apology to Chiellini while Spanish giants Barcelona are negotiating to buy the striker from Premier League club Liverpool, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India