US-Portugal match attracts record viewers
Washington: A record number of Americans watched the FIFA World Cup Group G match between the United States and Portugal, cable sports network ESPN said.
The match, which ended 2-2 Sunday, drew 18.2 million viewers to become "the most-viewed soccer match in the United States ever" and the biggest event on ESPN that wasn`t professional or college American football, reports Xinhua.
The previous record was held by the 1999 Women`s World Cup final between the United States and China that attracted nearly 18 million Americans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar