US-Portugal match attracts record viewers
Washington: A record number of Americans watched the FIFA World Cup Group G match between the United States and Portugal, cable sports network ESPN said.
The match, which ended 2-2 Sunday, drew 18.2 million viewers to become "the most-viewed soccer match in the United States ever" and the biggest event on ESPN that wasn`t professional or college American football, reports Xinhua.
The previous record was held by the 1999 Women`s World Cup final between the United States and China that attracted nearly 18 million Americans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?