US-Portugal match attracts record viewers
Washington: A record number of Americans watched the FIFA World Cup Group G match between the United States and Portugal, cable sports network ESPN said.
The match, which ended 2-2 Sunday, drew 18.2 million viewers to become "the most-viewed soccer match in the United States ever" and the biggest event on ESPN that wasn`t professional or college American football, reports Xinhua.
The previous record was held by the 1999 Women`s World Cup final between the United States and China that attracted nearly 18 million Americans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security