World Cup qualifiers: Chest injury rules Theo Walcott out of Poland clash
England winger Theo Walcott has been ruled out of Tuesday`s World Cup qualifying clash with Poland due to a chest injury.
The Arsenal attacker was replaced by Aaron Lennon 10 minutes into the Three Lions` win over San Marino on Friday, following a challenge from goalkeeper Aldo Simoncini which Roy Hodgson later described as "reckless".
The 23-year-old subsequently spent the night in hospital and will now miss out on his country`s next game in Warsaw.
However, whether the former Southampton star will be absent for any games for his club side Arsenal is as yet unclear.
England currently top Group H with seven points but have played a game more than their next opponents, who have four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi