World Cup qualifiers: Chest injury rules Theo Walcott out of Poland clash
England winger Theo Walcott has been ruled out of Tuesday`s World Cup qualifying clash with Poland due to a chest injury.
The Arsenal attacker was replaced by Aaron Lennon 10 minutes into the Three Lions` win over San Marino on Friday, following a challenge from goalkeeper Aldo Simoncini which Roy Hodgson later described as "reckless".
The 23-year-old subsequently spent the night in hospital and will now miss out on his country`s next game in Warsaw.
However, whether the former Southampton star will be absent for any games for his club side Arsenal is as yet unclear.
England currently top Group H with seven points but have played a game more than their next opponents, who have four points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon