World Cup qualifiers: Chest injury rules Theo Walcott out of Poland clash
England winger Theo Walcott has been ruled out of Tuesday`s World Cup qualifying clash with Poland due to a chest injury.
The Arsenal attacker was replaced by Aaron Lennon 10 minutes into the Three Lions` win over San Marino on Friday, following a challenge from goalkeeper Aldo Simoncini which Roy Hodgson later described as "reckless".
The 23-year-old subsequently spent the night in hospital and will now miss out on his country`s next game in Warsaw.
However, whether the former Southampton star will be absent for any games for his club side Arsenal is as yet unclear.
England currently top Group H with seven points but have played a game more than their next opponents, who have four points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference