World Cup winner Claudio Taffarel joins Dunga revolution
Rio de Janeiro: Former goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel joined the coaching staff of fellow 1994 World Cup winner Dunga at the helm of the new-look Brazil squad on Wednesday.
The 48-year-old Taffarel played in the same team as Dunga which won a fourth world title in the United States in 1994 and will be responsible for goalkeeper coaching.
Dunga, who was also in charge from 2006-2010, was named as the new national coach on Monday in succession to Luiz Felipe Scolari who stood down after this summer`s World Cup where Brazil were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals.
Another World Cup winner from 1994, Mauro Silva, will serve as assistant coach when Brazil face Colombia and Ecuador on September 5 and 8 in friendly internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri