World Cup winner Claudio Taffarel joins Dunga revolution
Rio de Janeiro: Former goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel joined the coaching staff of fellow 1994 World Cup winner Dunga at the helm of the new-look Brazil squad on Wednesday.
The 48-year-old Taffarel played in the same team as Dunga which won a fourth world title in the United States in 1994 and will be responsible for goalkeeper coaching.
Dunga, who was also in charge from 2006-2010, was named as the new national coach on Monday in succession to Luiz Felipe Scolari who stood down after this summer`s World Cup where Brazil were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals.
Another World Cup winner from 1994, Mauro Silva, will serve as assistant coach when Brazil face Colombia and Ecuador on September 5 and 8 in friendly internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped