World Cup winner Claudio Taffarel joins Dunga revolution
Rio de Janeiro: Former goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel joined the coaching staff of fellow 1994 World Cup winner Dunga at the helm of the new-look Brazil squad on Wednesday.
The 48-year-old Taffarel played in the same team as Dunga which won a fourth world title in the United States in 1994 and will be responsible for goalkeeper coaching.
Dunga, who was also in charge from 2006-2010, was named as the new national coach on Monday in succession to Luiz Felipe Scolari who stood down after this summer`s World Cup where Brazil were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals.
Another World Cup winner from 1994, Mauro Silva, will serve as assistant coach when Brazil face Colombia and Ecuador on September 5 and 8 in friendly internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read