Xabi Alonso set to get two-year extension at Real Madrid
London: Real Madrid player Xabi Alonso will reportedly be offered a two-year contract extension by his club in a bid to prevent him from returning to his former side Liverpool, following claims from Alonso that he wanted to leave Madrid at the end of the season.
According to sources, the midfielder, who has been in a fine form this season, will be offered a pay rise along with two more years at the Bernabeu in addition to the remaining one year on his current contract at Madrid, the Mirror reports.
The report further said that the Spanish giants have been on the alert to the chance of the footballer going to Liverpool after Alonso told club bosses that he wanted to leave at the end of this season.
According to the report, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is also weighing up a move for the former Anfield favourite.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have told Newcastle will have to come up with 17 million pounds in cash if they want to take striker Andy Carroll back, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know