Xavi Hernandez on target as new-look Barcelona draw
Nice: A familiar face came on and helped new-look Barcelona draw 1-1 with Nice in a friendly in southern France on Saturday.
The veteran Xavi Hernandez was introduced at half-time with the Catalans trailing 1-0 to the Ligue 1 club at the Allianz Riviera stadium.
And he equalised from the penalty spot midway through the second half after Romain Genevois was adjudged to have fouled young forward Munir El Haddadi.
Earlier, Argentine striker Dario Cvitanich had put Nice in front from the spot after he himself had been brought down by Gerard Pique.
New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique handed starts to summer signings Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Jeremy Mathieu, while Ivan Rakitic and Alen Halilovic were among a raft of players brought on as substitutes.
Barca`s next friendly will be against Napoli on Wednesday. Their opening game in La Liga will be against Elche on August 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation