Xavi ruled out for Spain with hamstring injury
Barcelona: Barcelona star Xavi has been ruled out of Spain’s friendly with Uruguay on Wednesday night with hamstring discomfort, Spain’s football federation (RFEF) has confirmed.
Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso had already pulled out of the international clash with a groin problem after the Blancos’ 1-0 defeat to Granada on Saturday night.
Alonso’s fellow Spain team-mate but Liga adversary Xavi was examined by a Roja doctor on Sunday after complaining of pain in his right leg, and has been pulled out of the friendly squad to face the Copa America champions.
It is believed that the 33-year-old Blaugrana player picked up the issue in Barca’s 1-1 draw with Valencia at the Mestalla on Sunday evening.
Vicente del Bosque still has a very strong squad to choose a starting line-up from, including the likes of Andres Iniesta, Juan Mata and Sergio Ramos.
No replacement has, as of yet, been announced to fill in for Xavi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?