Yaya Toure delighted with Mancini`s new Manchester City deal
London: Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure is delighted that Roberto Mancini has committed his long-term future to the club and believes that stability is important to the continued success at the club.
The former Inter boss ended speculation linking him with the vacant Russia position by penning a new five-year contract on Monday.
And Toure is hoping that the club will win more trophies over the coming seasons, citing the example set by local rivals Manchester United and their long-serving manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
The Ivory Coast international told the club`s official website: “I was very happy to hear the news that our manager has signed a new five-year deal yesterday.
“It is important for this club to have stability at all levels, especially after we have just won the title and the FA Cup the season before.
“It means there will be no changes or disruption to what has proved a winning formula and for the long term, that can only be good for Manchester City.
“Now the manager can continue to build this club and plan for the future – let’s not forget Sir Alex Ferguson has been at Manchester United for 25 years and they haven’t done too badly over the years.”
Mancini guided City to their first-ever Premier League title last season, following an FA Cup triumph the year before, and Toure is aiming to “win everything” at the Etihad Stadium with the Italian.
“On a personal level, I’m very happy because I want to win many more trophies with City and the manager has the same mentality as I do – he wants to win everything with this club and so do I,” he added.
“Of course, it’s not only me – we have a whole squad who are hungry for more success and we are pulling in the same direction.”
City are currently in Austria as they look to build their fitness ahead of their Community Shield clash against Chelsea on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology