Young footballer dies during match in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Brazilian soccer player Arjuna Luiz Venutto Ramos, 17, nicknamed "Pele" for his skill, died on the weekend during a match his team was playing, a media report said.
His team Sao Bernardo FC was playing Saturday at home against Portuguesa Santista for the Sao Paulo under-17 championship and during the first period Ramos fell to the ground with convulsions.
The player was attended to on the field and transported to the emergency room of a nearby hospital, but he died before being admitted from cardiac arrest.
"All the examinations of the player were up to date and there had been no ... health problems," said the head of the club`s medical department, Rui de Oliveira.
In a statement posted on its Internet site, the club said it "deeply" regretted the player`s death and offered his family "all (our) attention and support."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH