Young footballer dies during match in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Brazilian soccer player Arjuna Luiz Venutto Ramos, 17, nicknamed "Pele" for his skill, died on the weekend during a match his team was playing, a media report said.
His team Sao Bernardo FC was playing Saturday at home against Portuguesa Santista for the Sao Paulo under-17 championship and during the first period Ramos fell to the ground with convulsions.
The player was attended to on the field and transported to the emergency room of a nearby hospital, but he died before being admitted from cardiac arrest.
"All the examinations of the player were up to date and there had been no ... health problems," said the head of the club`s medical department, Rui de Oliveira.
In a statement posted on its Internet site, the club said it "deeply" regretted the player`s death and offered his family "all (our) attention and support."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!