Young footballer dies during match in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Brazilian soccer player Arjuna Luiz Venutto Ramos, 17, nicknamed "Pele" for his skill, died on the weekend during a match his team was playing, a media report said.
His team Sao Bernardo FC was playing Saturday at home against Portuguesa Santista for the Sao Paulo under-17 championship and during the first period Ramos fell to the ground with convulsions.
The player was attended to on the field and transported to the emergency room of a nearby hospital, but he died before being admitted from cardiac arrest.
"All the examinations of the player were up to date and there had been no ... health problems," said the head of the club`s medical department, Rui de Oliveira.
In a statement posted on its Internet site, the club said it "deeply" regretted the player`s death and offered his family "all (our) attention and support."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie