Zambia to camp in West Africa ahead of Ghana encounter
Lusaka (Zambia):The Zambian government is considering camping the national football team in West Africa ahead of a 2014 Brazil World Cup against Ghana.qualifier match
Zambia will face Ghana in a crucial World Cup qualifier Sep 8 in Kumasi, Ghana. Deputy minister of sports Chinga Miyutu, however, said the government was still discussing with a number of countries where the team will be camped, adding that the government was doing everything possible to ensure that the team qualifies, reports Xinhua.
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has put in place preparatory measures which includes a friendly match against Namibia and the camping in West Africa.
"Government will continue to support the team until it qualifies to the World Cup in Brazil. FAZ had put in place some preparatory measures for the friendly game against Namibia and plans are underway to camp the team in West Africa which has similar facilities like Ghana," minister Miyutu said.
Ghana leads Group D with 12 points, one better than Zambia. The other teams in the group Sudan and Lesotho have already been knocked out of qualifying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces