Zambia to camp in West Africa ahead of Ghana encounter
Lusaka (Zambia):The Zambian government is considering camping the national football team in West Africa ahead of a 2014 Brazil World Cup against Ghana.qualifier match
Zambia will face Ghana in a crucial World Cup qualifier Sep 8 in Kumasi, Ghana. Deputy minister of sports Chinga Miyutu, however, said the government was still discussing with a number of countries where the team will be camped, adding that the government was doing everything possible to ensure that the team qualifies, reports Xinhua.
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has put in place preparatory measures which includes a friendly match against Namibia and the camping in West Africa.
"Government will continue to support the team until it qualifies to the World Cup in Brazil. FAZ had put in place some preparatory measures for the friendly game against Namibia and plans are underway to camp the team in West Africa which has similar facilities like Ghana," minister Miyutu said.
Ghana leads Group D with 12 points, one better than Zambia. The other teams in the group Sudan and Lesotho have already been knocked out of qualifying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’