Zambia yet to receive money for winning 2012 Africa Cup
Lusaka (Zambia): The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has not yet given Zambia money for winning the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) which was co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) confirmed.
FAZ secretary general George Kasengele said the African soccer governing body is yet to release the funds.
"We haven`t been given the money yet. We received correspondence from CAF asking for bank details," he said.
He further clarified that Zambia will be given USD 1 million for winning the cup instead of the earlier reported USD 2 million, adding that the earlier sum was meant for the two finalists to share.
Zambia beat Cote d`Ivoire 8-7 on penalties to claim the African title for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Scarlett Keeling's death caused by external forces, claims defence
- Will viewing torrent sites and blocked URLs really land you in jail?
- Japan tells China to stop violating territory in East China Sea
- Court imposes Rs 5,000 cost on CBI in Abhay Chautala's DA case
- This woman's jaw-dropping heroics on world's tallest skyscrapers will take your breath away - See Pics