Zambia yet to receive money for winning 2012 Africa Cup
Lusaka (Zambia): The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has not yet given Zambia money for winning the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) which was co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) confirmed.
FAZ secretary general George Kasengele said the African soccer governing body is yet to release the funds.
"We haven`t been given the money yet. We received correspondence from CAF asking for bank details," he said.
He further clarified that Zambia will be given USD 1 million for winning the cup instead of the earlier reported USD 2 million, adding that the earlier sum was meant for the two finalists to share.
Zambia beat Cote d`Ivoire 8-7 on penalties to claim the African title for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!