Zambia yet to receive money for winning 2012 Africa Cup
Lusaka (Zambia): The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has not yet given Zambia money for winning the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) which was co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) confirmed.
FAZ secretary general George Kasengele said the African soccer governing body is yet to release the funds.
"We haven`t been given the money yet. We received correspondence from CAF asking for bank details," he said.
He further clarified that Zambia will be given USD 1 million for winning the cup instead of the earlier reported USD 2 million, adding that the earlier sum was meant for the two finalists to share.
Zambia beat Cote d`Ivoire 8-7 on penalties to claim the African title for the first time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'