Zambia yet to receive money for winning 2012 Africa Cup
Lusaka (Zambia): The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has not yet given Zambia money for winning the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) which was co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) confirmed.
FAZ secretary general George Kasengele said the African soccer governing body is yet to release the funds.
"We haven`t been given the money yet. We received correspondence from CAF asking for bank details," he said.
He further clarified that Zambia will be given USD 1 million for winning the cup instead of the earlier reported USD 2 million, adding that the earlier sum was meant for the two finalists to share.
Zambia beat Cote d`Ivoire 8-7 on penalties to claim the African title for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore