Zanetti calls for Gasperini to be given time
Rome: Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti has sprung to the defence of Gian Piero Gasperini, calling for the under-fire coach to be given time to succeed.
Gasperini has made some radical changes since taking over at Inter in the summer, namely switching to a back three.
But it went horribly wrong on the opening weekend of the new Serie A season as his defence was at sixes and sevens in a 4-3 defeat at Palermo.
"That wasn`t the start we expected," said Zanetti. "But first of all we have to stay calm and believe in our work.
"Obviously, there are things that need to be ironed out but we`re all ready to do that.
"We have a coach with new ideas, everything`s changed and we need time to develop what he`s asking."
And Zanetti insisted that the panic surrounding Gasperini`s tactics is misplaced.
"The coach is intelligent, he certainly isn`t making his decision to ruin us, he`s working with us," said the Argentine veteran.
"If after a few games things still aren`t going well, I think Gasperini will change something.
"I can see in everyone the desire to make things right, I don`t know how much time it will take but we`re trying everything we can to make the coach`s ideas work.
"Gasperini has a different idea about football, every coach has his own ideas and that`s the way it should be.
"We hope to start doing what he`s asking of us soon because Wednesday we begin our first Champions League match and on Saturday we`re playing Roma."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves