Zenit held to 1-1 home draw
St. Petersburg: Russian Premier League leaders Zenit St. Petersburg have capped off a disappointing week by drawing 1-1 at home with Amkar Perm Saturday.
After being eliminated from the Russia Cup midweek by second division side Tyumen, Zenit fell behind in the 26th minute before a Danny strike five minutes before halftime levelled the scoring.
The league leaders, however, were unable to break down Amkar`s strong defence in the second half and were forced to settle for a solitary point.
Although Zenit will retain the lead in the Russian Premier League after 15 completed rounds, the recent dip in form will be a concern to manager Luciano Spalletti ahead of Wednesday`s crucial UEFA Champions League Group G fixture with Portuguese rivals Porto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on