Zenit new recruit Garay targets titles
St Petersburg: Argentine international defender Ezequiel Garay says he wants to win as many titles as possible with his new club Zenit St Petersburg.
Garay joined Zenit from Benfica after appearing for Argentina in the World Cup final where the South Americans went down 1-0 to Germany.
The 27-year-old, speaking at his unveiling to the media on Monday, said: "Zenit are known worldwide as they are playing in international tournaments on a regular basis.
"I believe we will win all the possible titles together with my new club."
At Zenit, Garay linked up with his fellow countryman, defender Cristian Ansaldi, who has been playing with the Saint Petersburg side since 2013.
Garay, capped 18 times, moved to the Russian club on a six-million-euro transfer move from Portuguese giants Benfica after a spell with Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH