Zenit new recruit Garay targets titles
St Petersburg: Argentine international defender Ezequiel Garay says he wants to win as many titles as possible with his new club Zenit St Petersburg.
Garay joined Zenit from Benfica after appearing for Argentina in the World Cup final where the South Americans went down 1-0 to Germany.
The 27-year-old, speaking at his unveiling to the media on Monday, said: "Zenit are known worldwide as they are playing in international tournaments on a regular basis.
"I believe we will win all the possible titles together with my new club."
At Zenit, Garay linked up with his fellow countryman, defender Cristian Ansaldi, who has been playing with the Saint Petersburg side since 2013.
Garay, capped 18 times, moved to the Russian club on a six-million-euro transfer move from Portuguese giants Benfica after a spell with Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt