Zenit new recruit Garay targets titles
St Petersburg: Argentine international defender Ezequiel Garay says he wants to win as many titles as possible with his new club Zenit St Petersburg.
Garay joined Zenit from Benfica after appearing for Argentina in the World Cup final where the South Americans went down 1-0 to Germany.
The 27-year-old, speaking at his unveiling to the media on Monday, said: "Zenit are known worldwide as they are playing in international tournaments on a regular basis.
"I believe we will win all the possible titles together with my new club."
At Zenit, Garay linked up with his fellow countryman, defender Cristian Ansaldi, who has been playing with the Saint Petersburg side since 2013.
Garay, capped 18 times, moved to the Russian club on a six-million-euro transfer move from Portuguese giants Benfica after a spell with Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured