Zenit new recruit Garay targets titles
St Petersburg: Argentine international defender Ezequiel Garay says he wants to win as many titles as possible with his new club Zenit St Petersburg.
Garay joined Zenit from Benfica after appearing for Argentina in the World Cup final where the South Americans went down 1-0 to Germany.
The 27-year-old, speaking at his unveiling to the media on Monday, said: "Zenit are known worldwide as they are playing in international tournaments on a regular basis.
"I believe we will win all the possible titles together with my new club."
At Zenit, Garay linked up with his fellow countryman, defender Cristian Ansaldi, who has been playing with the Saint Petersburg side since 2013.
Garay, capped 18 times, moved to the Russian club on a six-million-euro transfer move from Portuguese giants Benfica after a spell with Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close