Zidane not ready to coach Real Madrid: Remon
Madrid: Sporting director Zinedine Zidane is not ready to take charge at Real Madrid as a coach, according to Mariano Garcia Remon.
With former boss Jose Mourinho returning to Chelsea, los Blancos are on the lookout for a new trainer, with Carlo Ancelotti and Zidane reportedly in talks with the club.
However, Remon, would prefer a more experienced coach over the former France international.
"To be the coach of Real Madrid requires a special responsibility," the 62-year-old told Marca.
"It`s a very complicated, they expect results. It is premature to say that `Zizou` will coach Real Madrid.
"Everyone`s talking about Madrid, and under this pressure, the coach still has to make important decisions. All coaches will have added pressure at Madrid, more than at any other club.
"Towards the end of long contracts, the results are evaluated. If the numbers are negative, then the deal gets terminated. We have seen an example recently with Mourinho, who had a contract [until 2016]."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert