Zidane`s son to try out for France Under-19s
Paris: Zinedine Zidane`s son Enzo has won the chance to be selected for the French Under-19 squad, a potential first step along the path of his father, who rose to international fame winning the World Cup with his country in 1998.
The Real Madrid youth midfielder, who will be 19 on March 24, will take part in trials and medical tests early next month, a list of players on the French Football Federation website showed on Monday.
The elder Zidane, 41, and now Carlo Ancelotti`s assistant coach at Real, is widely seen as one of the world`s footballing greats and in 2004 was named Europe`s best player of the past 50 years by a UEFA poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- BJP demands probe into role of National Conference in Kashmir unrest
- Black Money: Don't want to be big brother watching, says Arun Jaitley
- China removed missiles from South China Sea islands ahead of UN verdict
- Delhi Police files three chargesheets on Patiala House Court violence
- Govt aims to make India ''tax paying, not tax evading'' society: Arun Jaitley