Zidane urges Bale to `fast-track` Madrid move by asking transfer-request from Spurs
London: Real Madrid sporting director Zinedine Zidane has reportedly urged Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale to fast-track a move to the Spanish club by asking to leave Tottenham.
The French legend, one of Madrid`s original Galacticos, is hoping that Real can clinch an 85 million-pound deal for the double Footballer of the Year this summer.
However, the report added, with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy playing hard-ball over Bale`s future, Zidane sees a transfer request from the 23-year-old midfield star as the deal-maker
Stating that Madrid has made their admiration of Bale very clear and would not be put off by the cost of the player, Zidane said that if Bale feels that now is the time to move, then he needs to have a private discussion with his club and express that he wants to leave.
But,the report said that this blatant attempt to force the issue would not go down well at White Hart Lane, with Tottenham sources saying that despite the team`s failure to make the Champions League , Bale is happy at the club and has given no indication he plans to leave this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list