Zinedine Zidane collects diploma in sports management
Paris: France legend Zinedine Zidane, currently working as an assistant to coach Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid, on Thursday graduated with a diploma in sports management at the Centre for the Law and Economics of Sport in Limoges.
Zidane did not announce the news himself but Olivier Dacourt - a fellow former French international midfielder and a classmate - posted a picture on Twitter with the ex-Ballon d`Or, both holding their diplomas.
"Finally GRADUATES..." said Dacourt, whose career included spells in England and Italy.
When asked about the prospect of Zidane becoming a coach in the future, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told French television on Monday: "Zinedine is part of the history of Real and I think we would be proud if he could become coach one day.
"Zidane works in a very intelligent way with the staff. He understands everything."
Last weekend, current Marseille coach Jose Anigo also suggested that Zidane could eventually take over as coach of his hometown club.
Zidane played for Cannes, Bordeaux and Juventus before joining Real Madrid in 2001 and retiring at the age of 34 in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader