Zlatan Ibrahimovic extends PSG deal by one year until 2016
Paris: Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has followed Thiago Silva and Marco Verratti by extending his Paris St Germain contract for an extra year in a deal that ties him to the French champions until 2016.
The 31-year-old Sweden international signed for three years when he joined the Qatari-backed club from AC Milan last year.
"I can`t see a bigger ambition in Europe than Paris St Germain`s. I absolutely want PSG to be the last great club of my career. This club is like me - no dream is big enough for us," the Swede told the PSG website.
According to local media reports, Ibrahimovic`s salary will rise from about 14 million euros (USD 18.89 million) a year to 15.
He was Ligue 1`s top scorer with 30 goals in 34 games last season, helping PSG clinch their first French title since 1994.
The Swede also played a key role in helping the club reach the Champions League quarter-finals, where they were eliminated on away goals after two draws against Barcelona.
Last month PSG extended the contracts of Brazil centre back Thiago Silva and Italy midfielder Marco Verratti by one year to 2018 in deals which media said were linked to huge salary rises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death