Zlatan Ibrahimovic says will play as long as magic lasts
Stockholm: Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to play for his country for as long as he is selected and until his professional career comes to an end, he said on Tuesday.
"I want to continue as long as I`m able to. As long as I`m physically strong, physically and mentally well, I`ll keep going," he told a news conference in Solna, near the capital Stockholm.
Paris Saint-Germain star Ibrahimovic, nicknamed "Ibracadabra", is part of the Sweden squad to play Norway in a friendly on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old added: "I`ve got a contact with PSG this year and next. So, as long as I`ve got a pro contract I`ll continue.
"But it`s clear that I can`t rest on my laurels and play for the national team purely on the strength of my career.
"If someone else emerges, a big talent, it`ll be he who comes in and Ibracadabra goes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister