Zlatan Ibrahimovic says will play as long as magic lasts
Stockholm: Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to play for his country for as long as he is selected and until his professional career comes to an end, he said on Tuesday.
"I want to continue as long as I`m able to. As long as I`m physically strong, physically and mentally well, I`ll keep going," he told a news conference in Solna, near the capital Stockholm.
Paris Saint-Germain star Ibrahimovic, nicknamed "Ibracadabra", is part of the Sweden squad to play Norway in a friendly on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old added: "I`ve got a contact with PSG this year and next. So, as long as I`ve got a pro contract I`ll continue.
"But it`s clear that I can`t rest on my laurels and play for the national team purely on the strength of my career.
"If someone else emerges, a big talent, it`ll be he who comes in and Ibracadabra goes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details