Zlatan Ibrahimovic says will play as long as magic lasts
Stockholm: Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to play for his country for as long as he is selected and until his professional career comes to an end, he said on Tuesday.
"I want to continue as long as I`m able to. As long as I`m physically strong, physically and mentally well, I`ll keep going," he told a news conference in Solna, near the capital Stockholm.
Paris Saint-Germain star Ibrahimovic, nicknamed "Ibracadabra", is part of the Sweden squad to play Norway in a friendly on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old added: "I`ve got a contact with PSG this year and next. So, as long as I`ve got a pro contract I`ll continue.
"But it`s clear that I can`t rest on my laurels and play for the national team purely on the strength of my career.
"If someone else emerges, a big talent, it`ll be he who comes in and Ibracadabra goes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet