Zlatan Ibrahimovic up against Neymar for FIFA best goal award
London: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Barcelona striker Neymar are among the 10 nominees up for FIFA`s Puskas award for the best goal of the year.
According to Goal.com, as part of the buildup to the annual Ballon d`Or ceremony, 10 of the top strikes from the past 12 months are available for soccer fans to choose from, with the options to be whittled down to the three most popular Dec. 9.
Neymar gets the nod for his strike for Brazil against Japan at this summer`s Confederations Cup, and he could become the first player to win the award twice, the report said.
Sweden forward Ibrahimovic is also on the list for his outrageous overhead kick from more than 25 yards out against England in a friendly last November, the report added.
The winning goal will be announced at the Ballon d`Or ceremony on Jan. 13, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31