Zlatan Ibrahimovic up against Neymar for FIFA best goal award
London: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Barcelona striker Neymar are among the 10 nominees up for FIFA`s Puskas award for the best goal of the year.
According to Goal.com, as part of the buildup to the annual Ballon d`Or ceremony, 10 of the top strikes from the past 12 months are available for soccer fans to choose from, with the options to be whittled down to the three most popular Dec. 9.
Neymar gets the nod for his strike for Brazil against Japan at this summer`s Confederations Cup, and he could become the first player to win the award twice, the report said.
Sweden forward Ibrahimovic is also on the list for his outrageous overhead kick from more than 25 yards out against England in a friendly last November, the report added.
The winning goal will be announced at the Ballon d`Or ceremony on Jan. 13, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country