Zlatan Ibrahimovic up against Neymar for FIFA best goal award
London: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Barcelona striker Neymar are among the 10 nominees up for FIFA`s Puskas award for the best goal of the year.
According to Goal.com, as part of the buildup to the annual Ballon d`Or ceremony, 10 of the top strikes from the past 12 months are available for soccer fans to choose from, with the options to be whittled down to the three most popular Dec. 9.
Neymar gets the nod for his strike for Brazil against Japan at this summer`s Confederations Cup, and he could become the first player to win the award twice, the report said.
Sweden forward Ibrahimovic is also on the list for his outrageous overhead kick from more than 25 yards out against England in a friendly last November, the report added.
The winning goal will be announced at the Ballon d`Or ceremony on Jan. 13, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'