Zlatan Ibrahimovic up against Neymar for FIFA best goal award
London: Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Barcelona striker Neymar are among the 10 nominees up for FIFA`s Puskas award for the best goal of the year.
According to Goal.com, as part of the buildup to the annual Ballon d`Or ceremony, 10 of the top strikes from the past 12 months are available for soccer fans to choose from, with the options to be whittled down to the three most popular Dec. 9.
Neymar gets the nod for his strike for Brazil against Japan at this summer`s Confederations Cup, and he could become the first player to win the award twice, the report said.
Sweden forward Ibrahimovic is also on the list for his outrageous overhead kick from more than 25 yards out against England in a friendly last November, the report added.
The winning goal will be announced at the Ballon d`Or ceremony on Jan. 13, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!