Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants Rooney to join him, Beckham at PSG
London: Swedish football legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Manchester United star Wayne Rooney to join him and his former teammate David Beckham at Paris Saint-Germain.
The mega-rich French giants are considering a summer swoop for the England striker after he slipped behind Robin van Persie in the pecking order and was left out of last month`s Champions League clash with Real Madrid.
However, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insists the player will not be sold this summer, the report added.
According to Ibrahimovic, Rooney can be a part of the best project in football if he joins PSG, adding that the decision to join or stay back in United depends on Rooney himself and the circumstances.
Ibrahimovic said that PSG is not content with being the dominant force in France and wants to be the top club in Europe as well.
The Swedish player further said that he can understand why the club`s owners are interested in Rooney as the England striker is among the top ten strikers in Europe.
According to the report, Qatari-owned PSG are one of the few clubs who could match Rooney`s 200,000 pounds-a-week salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Floods batter Assam, Arunachal; 3 die in Uttarakhand wall collapse
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos