Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants Rooney to join him, Beckham at PSG
London: Swedish football legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Manchester United star Wayne Rooney to join him and his former teammate David Beckham at Paris Saint-Germain.
The mega-rich French giants are considering a summer swoop for the England striker after he slipped behind Robin van Persie in the pecking order and was left out of last month`s Champions League clash with Real Madrid.
However, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insists the player will not be sold this summer, the report added.
According to Ibrahimovic, Rooney can be a part of the best project in football if he joins PSG, adding that the decision to join or stay back in United depends on Rooney himself and the circumstances.
Ibrahimovic said that PSG is not content with being the dominant force in France and wants to be the top club in Europe as well.
The Swedish player further said that he can understand why the club`s owners are interested in Rooney as the England striker is among the top ten strikers in Europe.
According to the report, Qatari-owned PSG are one of the few clubs who could match Rooney`s 200,000 pounds-a-week salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing