Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants Rooney to join him, Beckham at PSG
London: Swedish football legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Manchester United star Wayne Rooney to join him and his former teammate David Beckham at Paris Saint-Germain.
The mega-rich French giants are considering a summer swoop for the England striker after he slipped behind Robin van Persie in the pecking order and was left out of last month`s Champions League clash with Real Madrid.
However, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insists the player will not be sold this summer, the report added.
According to Ibrahimovic, Rooney can be a part of the best project in football if he joins PSG, adding that the decision to join or stay back in United depends on Rooney himself and the circumstances.
Ibrahimovic said that PSG is not content with being the dominant force in France and wants to be the top club in Europe as well.
The Swedish player further said that he can understand why the club`s owners are interested in Rooney as the England striker is among the top ten strikers in Europe.
According to the report, Qatari-owned PSG are one of the few clubs who could match Rooney`s 200,000 pounds-a-week salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack