Zoff hails Prandelli`s contract renewal
Rome: Italy`s former head coach Dino Zoff has praised Cesare Prandelli`s contract renewal as an important sign.
According to media reports Monday, the 56-year-old tactician has extended his deal until 2016, but the Italy Football Association is yet to confirm it, reported Xinhua.
Zoff placed his faith on Prandelli and said the former Fiorentina boss could steer Italy to more glory.
"Prandelli is a great coach who can get more important results with Italy," he said.
"The agreement until 2016 is an important sign from the Federation. Now everything depends on the results and what happens in Brazil," he added.
Prandelli has suggested that he would extend his contract to remain in charge of the Azzurri.
"At this moment I feel great satisfaction," Prandelli said.
"I am proud that the Federation have offered me a two year contract regardless of what happens at the World Cup. For this reason I have given my full availability," he said.
Several Italian media outlets, including Gazzetta dello Sport, said the former Fiorentina has agreed to stay on with the Azzurri beyond this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post