Zoff hails Prandelli`s contract renewal
Rome: Italy`s former head coach Dino Zoff has praised Cesare Prandelli`s contract renewal as an important sign.
According to media reports Monday, the 56-year-old tactician has extended his deal until 2016, but the Italy Football Association is yet to confirm it, reported Xinhua.
Zoff placed his faith on Prandelli and said the former Fiorentina boss could steer Italy to more glory.
"Prandelli is a great coach who can get more important results with Italy," he said.
"The agreement until 2016 is an important sign from the Federation. Now everything depends on the results and what happens in Brazil," he added.
Prandelli has suggested that he would extend his contract to remain in charge of the Azzurri.
"At this moment I feel great satisfaction," Prandelli said.
"I am proud that the Federation have offered me a two year contract regardless of what happens at the World Cup. For this reason I have given my full availability," he said.
Several Italian media outlets, including Gazzetta dello Sport, said the former Fiorentina has agreed to stay on with the Azzurri beyond this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises