Zola quits Watford
London: Former Chelsea star Gianfranco Zola resigned as coach of Championship football club Watford following the team`s 0-1 loss to Sheffield.
The 47-year-old Italian announced the decision after Monday`s loss, reports Xinhua.
"This decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done," said Zola in statement published on the club`s website.
Last season Watford narrowly missed the promotion to the Premier League after losing in the Championship play-off final against Crystal Palace.
But Watford dangled at 13th this season and have gone nine league games without a win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review