Zola quits Watford
London: Former Chelsea star Gianfranco Zola resigned as coach of Championship football club Watford following the team`s 0-1 loss to Sheffield.
The 47-year-old Italian announced the decision after Monday`s loss, reports Xinhua.
"This decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done," said Zola in statement published on the club`s website.
Last season Watford narrowly missed the promotion to the Premier League after losing in the Championship play-off final against Crystal Palace.
But Watford dangled at 13th this season and have gone nine league games without a win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!