Zola quits Watford
London: Former Chelsea star Gianfranco Zola resigned as coach of Championship football club Watford following the team`s 0-1 loss to Sheffield.
The 47-year-old Italian announced the decision after Monday`s loss, reports Xinhua.
"This decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done," said Zola in statement published on the club`s website.
Last season Watford narrowly missed the promotion to the Premier League after losing in the Championship play-off final against Crystal Palace.
But Watford dangled at 13th this season and have gone nine league games without a win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress