2 pacers + 2 spinners OR 3 pacers +1 spinner?
When the selectors announced Indian World Cup squad, many thought that naming 3 specialist spinners in a team that comprises of so many part-time slow bowlers, was a wrong step.
In the recent past too, India have regularly fielded 3-man pace attack and one spinner in their team and have tasted decent success on foreign conditions as well as on the sub-continent pitches.
But with World Cup being played on pitches that will suit slow bowlers, Team India find themselves in tight situation where they have to re-think their strategy on the final bowling combination.
The warm-up matches before the World Cup have shown that Indian pace attack without Zaheer Khan and Praveen Kumar does not look intimidating, and with all spinners- Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla and R Ashwin- taking wickets, team management has become bound to think about their final bowling attack.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about what, they think, should be India’s bowling combination for the World Cup. Should Team India play with 2 fast bowlers and 2 specialist spinners or should they continue with 3 pacers and 1 spinner attack?
Please post your comments and let us know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents