2 pacers + 2 spinners OR 3 pacers +1 spinner?
When the selectors announced Indian World Cup squad, many thought that naming 3 specialist spinners in a team that comprises of so many part-time slow bowlers, was a wrong step.
In the recent past too, India have regularly fielded 3-man pace attack and one spinner in their team and have tasted decent success on foreign conditions as well as on the sub-continent pitches.
But with World Cup being played on pitches that will suit slow bowlers, Team India find themselves in tight situation where they have to re-think their strategy on the final bowling combination.
The warm-up matches before the World Cup have shown that Indian pace attack without Zaheer Khan and Praveen Kumar does not look intimidating, and with all spinners- Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla and R Ashwin- taking wickets, team management has become bound to think about their final bowling attack.
We at Zeecric.com want to ask our readers about what, they think, should be India’s bowling combination for the World Cup. Should Team India play with 2 fast bowlers and 2 specialist spinners or should they continue with 3 pacers and 1 spinner attack?
Please post your comments and let us know.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram