Can Andy Murray defend his Wimbledon title this year?
The oldest tennis tournament in the history of the game is back. This time around, Andy Murray, will try to defend his title in the Men’s category. But if we see the reigning champion’s performance in the last two Grand Slams of the year – Australian Open and French Open -- he is certainly not among the top two contenders to lift the trophy.
If we go by the seedlings, the Serbian tennis ace, Novak Djokovic has been allotted the top seed, whereas, the Spaniard, Rafael Nadal is the second seeded player, who is also the winner of recently concluded French Open. But there are two Swiss players in Roger Federer who would look to win his 18th Grand Slam title and eighth Wimbledon title.
The other Swiss, Stanislas Wawrinka, would also look to win his second grand slam of the year after pocketing the season opening Australian Open.
Or are we going to see a new champion this time around as well like the last edition, or for that matter this year’s Australian Open.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us whether Andy Murray can retain his Wimbledon title or not?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad