Can Andy Murray defend his Wimbledon title this year?
The oldest tennis tournament in the history of the game is back. This time around, Andy Murray, will try to defend his title in the Men’s category. But if we see the reigning champion’s performance in the last two Grand Slams of the year – Australian Open and French Open -- he is certainly not among the top two contenders to lift the trophy.
If we go by the seedlings, the Serbian tennis ace, Novak Djokovic has been allotted the top seed, whereas, the Spaniard, Rafael Nadal is the second seeded player, who is also the winner of recently concluded French Open. But there are two Swiss players in Roger Federer who would look to win his 18th Grand Slam title and eighth Wimbledon title.
The other Swiss, Stanislas Wawrinka, would also look to win his second grand slam of the year after pocketing the season opening Australian Open.
Or are we going to see a new champion this time around as well like the last edition, or for that matter this year’s Australian Open.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us whether Andy Murray can retain his Wimbledon title or not?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre