Can Cheteshwar Pujara find similar success like predecessor Rahul Dravid overseas?
Cheteshwar Pujara is touted to be India`s best Test batsman who would fill the void left by Rahul Dravid at No. 3 position. Pujara`s Test career has got off to a very good start just the way he and the Indian think tank would have wanted it to go. The Saurashtra batsman has an outstanding batting average of 58.92% and has amassed six Test tons already.
What lies a big challenge is the guile needed to handle one of the best bowling attacks in the world. Rahul Dravid did that consistently during his career and scored heavily in all major countries and against all top oppositions. The former Indian skipper has been India`s best overseas performer and that`s a feat Pujara will like to achieve too.
Pujara started his England tour on a positive note after slamming two back-to-back half centuries against Leicestershire and Derbyshire in warm-up matches. Pujara has scored most of his runs on Indian pitches and its time he carries the momentum with him abroad. Pujara played well in the series against South Africa and had cracked a defiant 153 in Johannesburg. The following tour of New Zealand didn`t go well for him.
India play a five-match Test series against England and it`s the batting that can see India gain stronghold of the conditions there. A lot will lie on Pujara at the top of the order to handle the likes of James Anderson and Stuart Broad. Can he see the English attack off and give India early momentum in the series?
Can Pujara play match-winning knocks for his side just like Rahul Dravid used to do on overseas tours?
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us whether Cheteshwar Pujara can Cheteshwar Pujara find similar success like predecessor Rahul Dravid on foreign soil?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka