Can England win the Ashes series in Australia?
Amidst the hoopla of Twenty20 cricket being the destructor of the longest version of the game, the recently-concluded T20 World Cup surprisingly provided a much needed precursor to a great Ashes series that will be played in Australia later this year.
England has a team which can tame the Kangaroos in their own den. When they embark Down Under for a five-Test Ashes series, they need that gutsy attitude which helped them win the T20 World Cup. It’s this attitude that helped them settle score with Australia in 2005 and 2009 home Ashes.
But, winning Ashes in England is completely different from winning it Down Under. The 0-5 drubbing that the English received at the hands of their arch-rival in 2006 in Australia immediately after winning the 2005 rubber is still vivid in the memory of many cricket lovers. One example will be sufficient to make England’s mammoth task at hand clear. Last time they came back triumphant from the Australian soil was way back in 1986-87, a jinx of 24 years.
Now, the question is, will England be able to win the Ashes series in Australia this time? Please let us know your views on this subject:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot