Can England win the Ashes series in Australia?
Amidst the hoopla of Twenty20 cricket being the destructor of the longest version of the game, the recently-concluded T20 World Cup surprisingly provided a much needed precursor to a great Ashes series that will be played in Australia later this year.
England has a team which can tame the Kangaroos in their own den. When they embark Down Under for a five-Test Ashes series, they need that gutsy attitude which helped them win the T20 World Cup. It’s this attitude that helped them settle score with Australia in 2005 and 2009 home Ashes.
But, winning Ashes in England is completely different from winning it Down Under. The 0-5 drubbing that the English received at the hands of their arch-rival in 2006 in Australia immediately after winning the 2005 rubber is still vivid in the memory of many cricket lovers. One example will be sufficient to make England’s mammoth task at hand clear. Last time they came back triumphant from the Australian soil was way back in 1986-87, a jinx of 24 years.
Now, the question is, will England be able to win the Ashes series in Australia this time? Please let us know your views on this subject:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims