Can India bring back glory days of hockey?
India are the most successful hockey nation in Olympic history but the game has been in steady decline in recent years and hit a nadir when India failed to qualify for the Beijing Games.
Another embarrassment could be the last nail on the coffin. However, Indian captain Bharat Chetri believes India can bring back the lost glory and the first step would be qualifying for London Olympics.
He said if the Indian team keeps doing well, parents too will encourage kids to play hockey. After all, it`s our national game. Also, there are other views blaming cricket for hockey’s decline.
What do you think is the exact root cause for the decline of hockey in India? Do you think India can bring back the lost glory?
Have your say….
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'