Can India manage to give NZ a tough fight in Test series?
Indian team will start off their 2014 campaign against Black Caps in New Zealand starting from January 19th, consisting five ODIs and two-match Test series. Considering the fact that 2015 World Cup is just a year away, which is also scheduled to take place in Australia and New Zealand, the series has its own importance.
Indian team has played like true word champions in 2013 and won six ODI tournaments out of seven they played – including the coveted ICC Champions Trophy and justified their top ODI rankings. Now, they would like to win the first series of the year to open their campaign on a winning note. They have a talented bunch of batsmen in the side that can give even the best of the bowlers a run for their money. But in last tour of South Africa, took place in December, Indian team failed miserably, especially in the ODIs. Though Black Caps are not as strong as South Africa, at home soil they have maintained a good track record.
India last visited the country in 2009 under the leadership of MS Dhoni and they won the ODI as well the Test series. However, players who have performed outstandingly well for India in the series – Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir are not being part of the current squad. On the other end, seasoned campaigner Daniel Vettori has also not been included in the New Zealand side. So, one can say that it would be an even contest between both the teams.
Where India will try to retain their top ODI rankings by winning the series, New Zealand would make sure that they take the home advantage to come out triumphant in the series.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us who you think will emerge as the winner in the ODI series?.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?