Can Novak Djokovic defend his Australian Open title?
Novak Djokovic has been invincible at the blue turf Down Under for last three years.
The Serb proved his mettle when he defeated Rafael Nadal in the ATP World Tour finals last year. However, grand slams bring out the best in players, so Nadal, already at the peak, will be a tough contender for the defending champion at the years first grand slam – the Australian Open.
While Djokovic would definitely wish to emulate his mesmerising 2011 season when he won three grand slams, the Spaniard will prove to be a big hurdle between Novak and his record fourth title.
Novak is on a 22-match winning streak at the ATP circuit right now, and also has a new coach in form of Boris Becker.
Will the start of season see a new Australian Open champion in Nadal, or the defending champion be able to retain his crown?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city